Developing open standards & specifications for BIM
Our open standards for information sharing are covered by the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data model, the Information Delivery Manual (IDM) data exchange protocols, and the buildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD) - plus the BIM Collaboration Format (BCF).
Projects & work groups
Our development of open internationally-recognised standards for information sharing is co-ordinated by groups working in our Technical Room, Process Room, and Product Room and Infrastructure Room.
Practical support for BIM implementation
Our ISO-endorsed software certification process allows vendors to demonstrate that their building information modelling (BIM) applications conform to the latest open standards.
Our training accreditation scheme (currently under development) will enable providers of Building Information Modelling (BIM) training to demonstrate that their products and programmes meet rigorous quality standards.
- bSI Newsletter No.17
- bSI Newsletter No.17 is now available
- bSI meetings in Toronto October 2014
- Details of the bSI meetings in Toronto during the week commencing 26th October 2014 are now available
- News extra - bSI organisational changes announced
- bSI is introducing essential changes to enable the organisation to drive forward its projects and programmes.