Executive Committee (ExCom)
The Executive Committee co-ordinates all international business activity and manages the international operations and finances of buildingSMART International on a day to day basis between meetings of the IC. Members of EXCOM are the International Business Manager, the chair of ITM, the IFC Product Managers and others elected by the IC.
EXCOM is the Executive Committee of the International Council. Its purpose is to support the officers of the Council in carrying out its policies between meetings analyse and make recommendations for resolving issues which arise between meetings propose the agenda for Council meetings.
ExCom members (apart from the officers of the Council who are ex officio) are elected for two years at an April meeting of the Council, with half retiring each year.
The Executive Committee consists of:
- Patrick MacLeamy (North America)
- Øivind Rooth (Norway)
- Rasso Steinmann (German-Speaking Alliance)
- Jøns Sjøgren (Norway)
Chair of ITM
- Francois Grobler (North America)
Chair of IUG
- Kjell Ivar Bakkmoen (Norway)
- Deke Smith (North America)
- Alain Maury (French-Speaking Alliance)
- John Mitchell (Australasia) Observing status
- Christopher Groome (United Kingdom & Ireland)
They are legal Directors of BUILDINGSMART INTERNATIONAL LIMITED. The Company Secretary is appointed directly by the International Council.