International Technical Management Committee (ITM)
The International Technical Management Committee is the highest level technical decision-making and technical project management body for buildingSMART International. It reports to the International Council. The ITM coordinates international technical activity and evaluates project proposals to ensure that they meet the development goals of buildingSMART International. It also reviews the resources required to complete projects.
For each release of the IFC specifications, ITM appoints a Product Manager. The role of the Project Manager is to define, agree and subsequently manage the scope, timetable and budget for the appointed release.
- ITM Chair: Francois Grobler
- ITM Vice Chair: Bernard Ferries
- ITM Secretary: Robin Drogemuller
- IDM Coordinator: Jan Karlshøj
- MVD Coordinator: Tim Chipman
- MSG Chair: Thomas Liebich
- ISG Chair: Rasso Steinmann
There are three Standing Groups that act under the International Technical Management Committee for specialist purposes. These are:
Model Support Group (MSG)
MSG members are modeling specialists selected for their proven skills. Their primary role is the quality assurance, integration and maintenance of the IFC model and its documentation. They also liaise closely with software vendors on IFC implementation and certification.
Current leader of MSG -Dr Thomas Liebich - AEC3, Germany
Link to the MSG website: buildingsmart-tech.org/about-us
Implementation Support Group (ISG)
The role of ISG is to support, coordinate and represent IFC software implementers. In addition, it promotes IFC to implementers and certifies implementations in software.
Current leader of ISG -Prof Rasso Steinmann - Nemetschek, Germany
Link to the ISG Website: buildingsmart-tech.org/certification
Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
The role of TAG is to provide guidance on the future technologies that need to be considered in IFC development. Members include leading figures from the industrial and academic world who have made distinctive contributions to the technology used by buildingSMART through research, development and implementation.The currently active TAG members are:
- Vladimir Bazjanac, Ph.D (TAG Leader) - Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, USA
- Prof. Robin Drogemuller - Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Prof. Chuck Eastman - Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Arto Kiviniemi, Ph.D - Olof Granlund Oy, Finland
- John C. Kunz, Ph.D. - Stanford University, USA
- Richard A. See - Digital Alchemy, Inc., USA
- Väino Tarandi, Ph.D - EuroSTEP AB, Sweden