This section contains relevant information related to the buildingSMART International organisation and sub groups.
To read more please select one of the publications listed below.
- Executive Committee (ExCom)
- The Executive Committee co-ordinates all international business activity and manages the international operations and finances of buildingSMART International on a day to day basis between meetings of the IC. Members of EXCOM are the International Business Manager, the chair of ITM, the IFC Product Managers and others elected by the IC.
- International Technical Management Committee (ITM)
- The International Technical Management Committee is the highest level technical decision-making and technical project management body for buildingSMART International. It reports to the International Council. The ITM coordinates international technical activity and evaluates project proposals to ensure that they meet the development goals of buildingSMART International.
- Organization Overview
- Function and structure for International Council (IC) and Executive Committee (ExCom) are defined in the Articles of Association. The Articles gives IC the power to establish standing committees. There are two standing committees today: International Technical Management Committee (ITM) and International User Group (IUG).
- International Council
- The buildingSMART International Council is the forum in which all the recognised independent regional alliances (currently 13) come together to: achieve consensus about the future strategic direction and specific activities which need to be determined and executed internationally, taking advice as appropriate from the International Technical Management Committee secure resource commitments in money or time to carry out the defined activities and prepare a balanced budget monitor performance against plans.