In this section publications which are related to the different products delivered or supported by buildingSMART are listed.
To read more please follow one of the links to the articles listed below.
- BuildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD)
- In its simplest form the buildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD) is a mechanism that allows for creation of multilingual dictionaries or ontologies. It is a reference library intended to support improved interoperability in the building and construction industry, and is one of the core components of the buildingSMART data standards programme.
- Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data model
- The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data model developed by buildingSMART is an open, neutral and standardized specification for Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Process - Information Delivery Manual (IDM)
- To use BIM effectively and for benefit to be unlocked, the quality of communication between different participants in the construction process needs significant improvement. If the information required is available when it is needed and the quality of information is satisfactory, the construction process will itself be significantly improved.