Vision and Mission
buildingSMART’s vision is the full realization of the societal, environmental and economic benefits of open sharable infrastructure and building asset information into commercial and institutional processes worldwide. Our mission is to proactively facilitate the active use and dissemination of open data standards enabling infrastructure and building asset data and lifecycle processes to improving the value achieved from investments in built assets and enhance opportunities for growth. buildingSMART’s focus is on standardizing processes, workflows and procedures for openBIM enabling digital transformation.
Who benefits from standardized BIM processes?
- Owners and public authorities can better control their own data and have flexibility in your preferred choice of tools. Take advantage of more predictable costs and schedules and standards-based as-built deliverables that are used in ongoing operations and maintenance better value outcomes
- Architects, engineers and constructors manage data across your portfolio with easier access to multiple tools to save time and money. Partnering opportunities abound when standard processes, workflows, and procedures make it easy and efficient to work together
- Facility managers, maintainers and operators can make better decisions with better access to information sources including accurate static and dynamic data.
- Product manufacturers and assemblers can improve market access and deliver efficiencies throughout the value chain
- Software vendors benefit from standardized processes to significantly increase their market opportunities
- Educators and students take advantage of standards-based curricula that are in-demand in the infrastructure and building industries.
- Society benefits from the improved built environment for living, working and life