buildingSMART International is launching a new specialist forum, called a Room, for developing and deploying open digital standards specifically for the Airport environment. The Asset Management department at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport is taking the lead in creating this with us.
- Unification of digital standards to enable more efficient working from the common supply chain.
- Enable Asset management decisions based on cost, risk and performance for the entire lifecycle of airport facilities to be easier to make and more robust
- Make innovative design and build solutions, reducing disruption at the Airport, easier to justify and re-purposing of the facilities easier to execute.
- Enable economies of scale with the supply chain and maintenance suppliers. Currently each airport group is developing its own BIM standards and there is not a uniform data exchange format to approach the market for airport facilities (eg. APBB, LEPC, airfield lights, scanners etc.).
- Link to the wider buildingSMART Industry Foundation Class (IFC) environment to allow Airport Asset Managers to use the IFC developments for Buildings and Infrastructure in their portfolio.
A pre meeting will be held on 26 August 2016 at Schiphol Airport.
We invite all interested parties to contact us for further details.