London, (October 07, 2021) buildingSMART International is delighted to announce the full list of winners and special mentions for the Awards Program 2021. A total of 16 awards were announced at a live ceremony. Finalists presented their projects during the buildingSMART Virtual Summit. From an original Jury of 154, a small finalist jury deliberated following the presentations and selected a single winner from the category. There are also Special Mentions as well.
The full list of winners is below.
Winner for ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Startseite - MKP GmbH – Project title “smartBRIDGE Hamburg | the openBIM-based digital twin for bridge maintenance” - GERMANY.
Winner for COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTION
- Mostostal Warszawa S.A– “Make it easier with openBIM: Primary school in Warsaw’s Wilanów district” – Poland.
Winner for CONSTRUCTION:
- China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Ltd – Project title “openBIM implemented on Beijing-Zhangjiakou high-speed railway” – CHINA.
Winner for DESIGN:
- Sichuan Highway Planning, Survey, Design and Research Institute Ltd. – Project title “Yan-Jiang Expressway G4216: openBIM Flagship Megaproject in Southwest China” – CHINA.
Winner for FACILITY MANAGEMENT:
- Siemens – Project title “Grosspeter Tower: Performance GAP Analysis with Simulation” – Switzerland.
Winner for HANDOVER:
- Auckland Airport – Project title “Foodstuffs North Island Headquarters & Distribution Centre at Auckland Airport” – NEW ZEALAND.
Winner for PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- The University of Hong Kong – Project title “openBIM: Opening the gate for BIM and blockchain integration (OBBi)”. Hong Kong.
Winner for STUDENT RESEARCH:
- The Technical University of Munich – Project title “The IfcInfraToolKit” – GERMANY.
Winner for TECHNOLOGY:
- VCE Vienna Consulting Engineers ZT GmbH – Project title “From Pixel to Pset – The Digital Structural Inspection” – AUSTRIA.
- Agenzia del Demanio – Project title “openBIM for Italian Digital Heritage” – Italy
- Ballast Nedam – Project title “Mindlabs Tilburg” – NETHERLANDS
- COWI AS – Project title “E6 highway from Kvål to Melhus” – Norway
- Cype – Project title “openBIM COVID-19 tool” - SPAIN
- Future Insight - Project title "Digital 3D ownership registration based on BIM Models using the open IFC standard" – NETHERLANDS
- Ghent University – Project title “LBDserver - A federated ecosystem for managing heterogeneous building data” – BELGIUM
- Shenzhen S.F. Taisen Holding (Group) Co., Ltd. – Project title “Ezhou Huahu Airport Project” – China
About buildingSMART International:
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset economy. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012. Further information is available on the Internet at www.buildingsmart.org