buildingSMART International is pleased to announce the appointment of Christophe Castaing as a newly appointed board member. Christophe was appointed at the Board, SAC, International and Chapter Conference in Helsinki, Finland, 3-6 June 2019. Christophe adds significant leadership and industry knowledge to the existing board and was democratically voted in by his peers.
Christophe has played a variety of roles at buildingSMART, helping to develop projects and activities such as IFC Rail and IFC Bridge. Christophe has also provided technical expertise and acts as the technical lead for the Infrastructure Room which focuses primarily on road and rail projects.
Richard Petrie, Chief Executive commented, “I am delighted to add Christophe to our board. He adds not only expertise but leadership to the team during a great period of growth for buildingSMART”.
(Christophe Castaing receives a Fellows Award from Patrick MacLeamy, buildingSMART International Chairman in March 2019)
Christophe is Director of Digital Engineering at Egis based in Paris, France. Christophe has worked at Egis for over 30 years and provided significant leadership in CAD and GIS software development, project management and integration activities mainly in road and rail projects. Some of Christophe’s notable roles and activities include:
- Representative of SYNTEC ingénièrie part of the French project of Data Dictionary PPBIMTechnical advisor of the MEDDE for CEDR S3
- Technical advisor of the MEDDE for the European BIM group
- Leading the IFC bridge Project
- Co-initiator of the IFC rail project (with SNCF, Deutch Bahn, China Railway Bim alliance).
- Leading the research project MINnD sponsored by the MEDDE (French ministry of Environment and sustainable development) to develop Infrastructure Information modelling including 60 French organizations from the construction domain.
- Technical leader of the Infrastructure Room at buildingSMART International
- Board member of buildingSMART International