Expert Panel to Review the “IDM Development for Building Energy Modelling” Report
London, U.K. – February 5, 2021 – buildingSMART International is pleased to announce that as part of the bSI Process, the report “IDM Development for Building Energy Modelling” is now undergoing a review by a panel of building energy modeling domain experts and stakeholders from the global building design, construction, and operations industry. Their feedback and commentary will help establish a roadmap for the buildingSMART International community to tackle the challenges of data interoperability for BIM-based processes which address building energy modelling (BEM) during the lifecycle of a project.
The Expert Panel currently includes:
- Paolo BURIN of University of Padua and Dr. Anna MORENO of iBIMi / buildingSMART Italy, representing buildingSMART Italy;
- Wouter BORSBOOM of TNO Building Physics & Systems, representing TNO and the Netherlands;
- Pierre BOURREAU of Nobatek/INEF4, representing BIM4REN, a European Commission H2020 funded project;
- Jean CARRIÈRE of Trailloop, representing Canadian interests;
- Sebastian EBERTSHÄUSER of Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics IBP, representing buildingSMART Germany and the members of the BIM and Sustainability Group;
- Manuel FREY of Gruner Roschi AG, representing buildingSMART Switzerland and its BIM2BEM Working Group;
- Andrea GASPARELLA of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy), representing the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA) and its international affiliates;
- David GOLDWASSER of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), representing the United States Department of Energy and partners focused on BIM and BEM;
- Frédéric GRAND of mediaconstruct/buildingSMART France, representing buildingSMART France;
- Timo HARTMANN of the Technical University Berlin, representing BIM-SPEED, a European Commission H2020 funded project;
- Kay KILLMAN of Green Business Certification Inc. Europe (GBCI), representing GBCI and its international affiliates;
- Tuomas LAINE and Francisco FORNS-SAMSO of Granlund Oy in Finland;
- Sergio MUÑOZ of Laurentia Technologies, representing buildingSMART Spain and ENCORE
- Danilo PEZZELLA of ZETA GmbH, representing the Austrian pharmaceutical and biotech industries;
- Emanuele ROZAS LERA of Siemens Schweiz AG;
- Andreas RUSSO of ACCA Software S.p.A.;
- Vaidotas ŠARKAS of InnoBIM UAB, representing buildingSMART Lithuania;
- Luka STEFANOVIC of Vectorworks, Inc.
- Karen TANFIELD of ARG Architects in Australia;
- Ryan TENNYSON of the Scottish Futures Trust;
- Cyril WAECHTER of Cyril Waechter BIM Insight, representing the Open Source Architecture (OSARCH) community;
- Lisa WHITE of Passive House Institute US.
The Expert Panel is being led by Jeffrey W. Ouellette, Project Manager and co-author of the report, with assistance from Mirbek Bekboliev of buildingSMART Germany and Building Room Advisor for the project.
While this initial selection is complete and review work underway, we are open to more nominations from buildingSMART chapters, industry organizations/associations, and companies that are interested in contributing their voice to this effort. We also encourage people and companies to reach out and join one of the existing teams represented and led by Expert Panelists. For more information, please refer to the bSI Forums post and contact Mr. Ouellette with your nominations or interest in joining one of the existing teams.
About buildingSMART International
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset industry. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012.
Aidan Mercer, +44 7181-304-3435