London, (September 6, 2022)
buildingSMART International is delighted to share the full list of finalists for The buildingSMART openBIM Awards Program 2022. Finalists will be invited to present their projects to the independent jury for consideration as part of the program. The finalist presentations will take place during the buildingSMART International Standards Summit in Montreal, Canada, 18-21 October 2022. The presentations will take place on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th. The winners will then be announced during the Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner on the evening of Thursday 20th.
Registration for the event is open at:
The full list of finalists is as follows:
Category of ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Engisis, Minnucci Associati and COSTIM – “ChorusLife: Creation and maintenance of an openBIM Digital Twin for asset management” – Italy.
- Terna SpA – “BIM, Asset Management & Safety” – Italy.
Category of CONSTRUCTION FOR BUILDINGS:
- Henderson Land Development Company Limited, Hip Hing Construction Company Limited – “The Henderson - openBIM Driven Landmark Project – Hong Kong.
Category of DESIGN FOR BUILDINGS:
- Bond Bryan Digital – “Department for Education: Gen Zero” – UK.
- Statsbygg and AEC3 Deutschland – “Life-cycle openBIM at Norwegian Viking Age Museum” – Norway.
Category of DESIGN FOR INFRASTRUCTURE:
- China Railway Design Corporation – “Application of openBIM in the Design and Delivery of Guangzhou-Zhanjiang High Speed Railway” – China.
Category of FACILITY MANAGEMENT:
- Aurecon – “Wellington Railway Station Façade Condition Assessment” – New Zealand.
Category of HANDOVER:
- Strategic Building Innovation – “bSI Information Delivery Specification (IDS) for integrated openBIM and openGIS Platform” – USA.
- Mostostal Warszawa S.A. – “Handover to FM with openBIM - Marshal's Office, West Pomerania” – Poland.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- HDR – “TPF-5(372) BIM for Bridges and Structures Transportation Pooled Fund” – USA.
- University of Naples Federico II – “State of Preservation Domain to Document Existing and Historic Buildings” – Italy.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology – “Secure openCDE with Blockchain for HKUST Campus-wide Digital Twin with openBIM and openGIS Applications” – Hong Kong.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- K. N. Toosi University of Technology – “Developing an automated information inquiry framework for 4D BIM” – Iran.
- THM (University of Applied Sciences Mittelhessen) – “Implementing passive RFID technology into BIM models in combining them with open-source software applications” – Germany.
- TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) – “AR-supported Teaching” – Austria.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- BIM & Scan – “The BIM & Scan openBIM Cloud Platform: AutoCorr and AutoGen - Validation and Reconstruction Tools” – Ireland.
- BEXEL Consulting – “BEXEL Manager - Smart integrated openBIM approach” – Slovenia.
- Future Insight – “Implementation of BIM-based building permit process in Estonia” - Netherlands.
- WiseBIM – “Plans2BIM” – France.
- ACCA software – “usBIM.extender” – Italy.
- TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) – “AR-supported Teaching” - Austria.
About buildingSMART International:
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset economy. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012. Further information is available on the Internet at www.buildingsmart.org.