London, (September 7, 2021) buildingSMART International is delighted to share the full list of finalists for the Awards Program 2021. Finalists will be invited to present their project to an independent jury for consideration as part of the program. The finalist presentations will take place during the buildingSMART Virtual Summit between 4th – 6th October 2021 with the ceremony taking place on the 7th of October where the winners will be announced.
The full list of finalists from over 130 submissions are:
Category of ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- MKP GmbH – “smartBRIDGE Hamburg” - Germany.
- Siemens – “Digital Building Twin - Technology Center 2.0” - Austria.
- University of Naples Federico II – “Asset Information Management of an existing railway infrastructure in the openBIM scenario: the Cancello-Benevento line” – Italy.
Category of CONSTRUCTION:
- China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Ltd – “openBIM implemented on construction of Beijing-Zhangjiakou high speed railway” – China.
- Helse Bergen HF – “Haukeland University Hospital” - Norway.
- Mostostal Warszawa S.A – “Make it easier with openBIM” – Poland.
- Sweco Norge – “Randselva Bridge” - Norway.
Category of DESIGN:
- FCC Construcción Madrid – “Santiago Bernabeu Stadium” – Spain.
- Sichuan Highway Planning, Survey, Design and Research Institute Ltd. – “Yan-Jiang Expressway - openBIM Flagship Highway Megaproject in Southwest China” – China.
- CBGU (CPB Contractors, BAM, Ghella and UGL) Joint Venture in collaboration with Willow – “Cross River Rail - Design using openBIM” – Australia
Category of FACILITY MANAGEMENT:
- Granlund Oy – “Kampusareena – University Properties of Finland” – Finland.
- Siemens – “Performance GAP Analysis with Simulation” – Switzerland.
Category of HANDOVER:
- Auckland International Airport Ltd – “Foodstuffs North Island Headquarters and Distribution Centre @Auckland Airport” – New Zealand.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- The University of Hong Kong – “openBIM: Opening the gate for BIM and blockchain integration” - Hong Kong.
- Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology – “BIM-based Structural Health Monitoring (BIM-SHM) platform for Historic Timber buildings” - China.
- Yonsei University – “Automated generation of an MVD by linking IDM and bSDD” - South Korea.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- The Technical University of Munich – “The IfcInfraToolKit – an interactive environment for IFC testing and validation of recent schema extensions” – Germany.
- The University of Rome - “Innovative Building Management System through Dynamic Digital Twin” - Italy.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- ACCA software – “usBIM.ids” – Italy.
- Open Design Alliance – “Collaborative Development of openBIM Technologies” – USA.
- VCE Vienna Consulting Engineers ZT GmbH – “The Digital Structural Inspection” - Austria.
About buildingSMART International:
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset economy. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012. Further information is available on the Internet at www.buildingsmart.org