London, (March 24, 2020) – Due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19), buildingSMART International (bSI) has some major announcements to make regarding events, meetings and the Solutions and Standards program.
We remain open for business and are taking every step to facilitate online and virtual working during the current extraordinary circumstances.
buildingSMART International (bSI) and buildingSMART Norway (bSN) made an early judgement to delay the International Standards Summit in Lillestrøm, Norway from 23-26 March to 8-11 June 2020. Considering the escalating situation, bSI and bSN have taken steps to further delay this Summit to the autumn of 2020. bSI and buildingSMART Canada have also reset the International Standards Summit in Montreal, Canada to 2021. There are some other significant announcements you can find listed below.
Important Date Changes:
- The International Standards Summit, Lillestrøm, Norway will now take place 5-8 October 2020 in the same location. More information here.
- The International Standards Summit, Montreal, Canada will now be held in the Autumn 2021.
- The International Council will take place online on 9th June 2020. More information here.
- The Chapter Conference will take place in Lillestrøm, Norway, 9th October 2020. More information here.
- Solutions and Standards Virtual Meetings to take place online in May (dates to be announced).
- Strategic Advisory Council will take place virtually on 10 June and in-person Lillestrøm in October. More information here.
- The International Standards Summit in Zurich, Switzerland remains unaffected and will take place on 15-18 March 2021. More information here.
bSI will be using the Event Calendar as a primary reference point to communicate about all buildingSMART events. We encourage you to check this regularly.
What happens to my ticket for the International Council in Lillestrom?
Your ticket has automatically been transferred to the new dates based on the ticket you purchased. We hope you to make it in October. For those who cannot make the new date, please get in touch with bSI for a full refund.
What about my hotel?
All bookings at the Thon will be cancelled. If you booked the Thon hotel through the website www.thonhotels.no but without using the web-link https://www.thonhotels.com/event/buildingsmart-international will not automatically be cancelled/refunded. But you can contact the hotel directly at email@example.com and they will assist with the cancellation/change.
I booked the hotel through a third-party.
Guests that booked accommodation through third party websites/external websites (for example booking.com, Expedia etc.) will have to change the reservation themselves.
What about my flight?
You will have to contact your airline to make the changes to your flights. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.
I’m a sponsor, what does this mean for me?
Your sponsorship agreement remains and will be transferred to the new date in June. We are combining another event into this one, but the full arrangements remain.
I’m a speaker at the event, what now?
There are no program changes to the event, it has been moved to a new date. Please get in touch if you cannot make the new date.
Can I still book a ticket for the new date?
Yes, the registration for the event has been transferred and ticket sales are still on.
Who can I contact?
You can reach out to Aidan Mercer, Marketing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org