bSI Awards 2014
The buildingSMART Award Business gain through Open Technology is granted to projects that demonstrate and inspire the use of open standards developed by buildingSMART in the AEC and facility management industries. BuildingSMART created the Award program to learn about projects that use buildingSMART solutions, and to publish them on this web site as inspiration to others to follow. The entries, which had to deploy one or more buildingSMART tools and standards, were judged on how effectively they had used open standards in their projects. The award was given for the first time at the international buildingSMART meetings in Toronto in October 2014.
The winner was the New Hospital Project in Østfold, Norway and further information is here on this innovative and interesting project.
Special mentions were made of the following:
– SME Bond Bryan, The David Hockney Building, Bradford College, England. Case study.
– The Danish Company MT Højgaard. Case study.
– SME Juul Frost, The Örebo Business School, Sweden. Case study.
Other participants are to be congratulated on their excellent entries as follows:
– New North Zealand Hospital, Denmark. Details.
– Woolworth Meadowbrook Shopping Centre, Australia. Details.
– Shopping Centre Puuvilla, Finland. Details.
– Hagebyen, Norway. Details.
– Rigshospitalet Kvalitetsfondsprojekt, Denmark. Details.
– Hospital Vestfold Hospital Trust, Norway. Details.
– The Knowledge Centre at St. Olav’s Hospital, Norway. Details.
– Tesco Superstore, Sheringham, England. UK. Details.