The purpose of the Infrastructure Domain to combine, enhance and develop open standards for intelligent data, which enable process and data integration for Infrastructure. The scope includes information exchange and process standards to support effective management of the constructed built environment and linking and integrating across BIM and GIS. The Infrastructure Domain leads buildingSMART efforts in a number of areas, including those for roads, bridges, tunnels, ports and waterways. To understand the Infrastructure Domain purpose in more detail please refer to the Infrastructure Domain Roadmap and this White Paper from the IR Roadmap Working Group.
The steering committee is led by representatives representing the broad scope of the Infrastructure Domain. This includes individuals from buildingSMART members and chapters that come from consulting engineering firms, owners, and academic institutions, as well as other industry experts. The steering committee facilitates the project and activities of the domain, including overseeing its working groups, leading the domain sessions at buildingSMART Summits, interacting with the Standards Committee and ensuring the buildingSMART Process is followed.
|Isabel M Gutiérrez||Ferrovial Construction|
|Phil Jackson||UK & Ireland Chapter|
|Jürgen Litsch||Strabag AG|
|Anna Neidenström||Trafikverket (Sweden)|
|Tiina Perttula||Finland Chapter|
|Jim Plume||Australasian Chapter|
|Marion Schenkwein||Väylävirasto (Finland)|
|Hiromasa Shima||bS Japan|
- Enable data exchange based on open standards for the planning, realization and maintenance of infrastructure works and ultimately all aspects of the built environment
- Enable the exchange of information and open data access between asset management databases
- Enable enduring archives of asset information based on open standards
- Enable life cycle information management for infrastructure based on open standards
- Enable the merging of project related information e.g. requirements and risks, with asset information
To learn more about the Infrastructure Domain and the activities here, or contribute in the work, please contact us.