Implementation Support Group
The Implementation Support Group – ISG is responsible to support the implementation and certification activities for buildingSMART standards.
ISG reports to the Technical Room and has specific responsibility to support the compliance program. It also has an implementation oversight responsibility across the entire standards community.
The purpose of the Implementation Support Group is:
- To support and coordinate Industry Foundation Classes IFC software implementers by providing an appropriate forum and distribute information.
- To serve as a forum to exchange experiences in IFC software implementation and to discuss technical issues and resolve issues with noncompliance.
- To promote software implementation by organizing demonstrations, participating in tradeshows and communicating the benefits of IFCs for end users.
- To facilitate, together with the Modelling Support Group MSG, the certification process for IFC software interface implementations.
- To monitor software implementation activities around IFC and to report on its status to other groups of buildingSMART.
- To represent software implementers and their interests within the buildingSMART organization.
Visit the implementation website