Sustainability Energy Management
The Sustainability Energy Management Room (SEMR) has recently been established at buildingSMART International to ensure a more sustainable future for the built asset industry. The new Room aims to develop and increase the use of open digital BIM standards for the optimum management of building energy requirements to address energy management, waste, and, to create innovation opportunities.
Note: The Room Charter which defines the mission and goals is being defined.
The Sustainability Energy Management Room is led by a Steering Committee comprised of representatives from international members and local buildingSMART Chapters.
The Steering Committee owns the Room Charter and establishes the roadmap that responds to industry domain requirements. They facilitate the activities of the room, interact with, and provide reports to the Standards Committee, lead the Room sessions at buildingSMART summits, and ensure the buildingSMART Process is followed.
The SEMR Steering Committee is still in formation. New members will be identified and then appointed by the Standards Committee Executive.
|Trinidad Chardin-Segui||Schneider Electric|
|Bertrand Lack||Schneider Electric|
• Enabling energy consumption, understanding carbon footprint and evaluating circular economy aspects in the design of innovative solutions.
• Enabling users to make informed decisions in design, build and operation based on a comprehensive connected data model of their buildings incorporating a full electrical network, control network and the energy forecasted behaviour.
• To anticipate and specify digital ways of working at the earliest stage of an assets life whether it be new build or refurbishment
• Complementing the existing buildingSMART Industry Foundation Class (IFC) open standard, by integration of the Normalised Electrical Model (NEM) to enable more efficient working in the electrical design domain.
• Linking the electrical network and building management system to the building and mechanical and plumbing system model.