The buildingSMART Awards Winners Have Been Announced
London, (October 30, 2020) buildingSMART International is delighted to announce the full list of winners and special mentions for the Awards Program 2020. A total of 16 awards were announced at a live ceremony. Finalists presented their projects during the buildingSMART Virtual Summit on the 28th and 29th October 2020. From an original Jury of 111, a small finalist jury of between 3 and 5 members deliberated following the presentations and selected a single winner from the category. There were also special mentions and 3 awards for innovation and leadership.
The full list of winners is below.
Winner for ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Auckland International Airport Ltd – Project title “Auckland International Airport” - NEW ZEALAND.
Winner for CONSTRUCTION:
- Byggstyrning – Project title “Project Celsius” – SWEDEN.
Category of DESIGN:
- CCCC Highway Consultants CO.,Ltd. – Project title “openBIM design of Panama Canal 4th Bridge” – CHINA.
Category of HANDOVER:
- Vestfold Hospital – Project title “The Tonsberg Project” – NORWAY.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- The University of Manchester – Project title “Discovering Safety”. UNITED KINGDOM.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- École des Ponts ParisTech – Project title “Smart BCF” – FRANCE.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- Lendlease – Project title “A modular tookit for developing openBIM data pipelines” – AUSTRALIA.
Winner for INNOVATION
- BEXEL Consulting – Project title “Project Management of Novo Brdo Residential Complex Project utilizing intelligent openBIM workflows” - SLOVENIA.
Winner of CLIENT LEADERSHIP
- Norwegian Public Roads Administration – Project title “Machine Readable Norwegian Classification Manual for Bridge Registrations” – NORWAY.
Winner of TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP
- ACCA software – “usIFC.server” – ITALY.
- Bond University – Project title “Investigating, Structuring and Launching Aust's most innovative openBIM compliant university program” – AUSTRALIA
- Future Insight– Project title “Proof of Concept BIM based permit check Estonia” – NETHERLANDS
- Studio RAP – Project title “Theater Zuidplein: Main Concert Hall” – NETHERLANDS
- University La Sapienza – Project title “Ruggero Nissim” – ITALY
- Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG – Project title “PPP A10/A24” – GERMANY
- Werner Sobek AG – Project title “DigitalTWIN” - GERMANY
For a list of winners: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/winners/
For a list of finalists: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/awards-2020-finalists/
For a list of special mentions: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/special-mentions/
About buildingSMART International:
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset economy. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012. Further information is available on the Internet at www.buildingsmart.org