London, U.K. – August 7, 2023
buildingSMART International is delighted to share the complete list of finalists for the buildingSMART openBIM Awards 2023. Finalists will be invited to present their projects to an international jury for consideration as part of the final round of the program. The finalist presentations will take place during the buildingSMART International Standards Summit - Lillestrøm 2023, 18th – 21st September in Norway. The presentations will be throughout the day on Wednesday, 20th September, with the winners announced that evening during the Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner.
Registration for the event is open at:
The complete list of finalists is as follows:
Category of ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Water Supplies Department (HKSAR) – “Intelligent Water Trunk Transfer System with Predictive Maintenance, and AMIS-supported Asset Management, and AI-Driven openBIM and openGIS Integration for Smart Water Management” – Hong Kong.
- HOCHTIEF ViCon and HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions – “Digital Twin for the maintenance and operation of motorways – Data driven information management along the project life cycle” – Germany.
Category of CONSTRUCTION FOR BUILDINGS:
- ZS Consulting Co. Ltd. – “openBIM for Achieving Urban Sustainability in Hong Kong - Refurbishment of The South China Hotel” – Hong Kong.
- Tecklenburg GmbH – “"Sustainable" interdisciplinary planning and construction of a district police authority in Germany (Bergheim)” – Germany.
Category of CONSTRUCTION FOR INFRASTRUCTURE:
- China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Limited, – “The Applications of openBIM in Hangzhou West Railway Station” – China.
- China Communications Construction Company Ltd. – “I-Park - openBIM Application in Hong Kong Integrated Waste Management Facilities Phase 1 (IWMF) -Construction” – Hong Kong.
Category of DESIGN FOR BUILDINGS:
- Spol Architects – “Eucaliptos: unlocking the power of openBIM” – Brazil.
- Finavia Corporation – “Helsinki Airport Development Programme Projects 2013–2023” – Finland.
Category of DESIGN FOR INFRASTRUCTURE:
- CHINA RAILWAY ERYUAN ENGINEERING GROUP CO.LTD – “Application of openBIM in the Design and Delivery of The Second Chengdu-Chongqing High-Speed Railway” – China.
- SYSTRA-SWS – “openBIM application for Model-based design of railway from Nykirke to Barkåker” – Norway.
- ILF Zurich – “RAIL TUNNEL: MEHRSPUR ZURICH – WINTERTHUR” – Switzerland.
Category of HANDOVER:
- CHINA RAILWAY FIRST SURVEY AND DESIGN INSTITUTE GROUP CO LTD AND CHINA ACADEMY OF RAILWAY SCIENCES CORPORATION LIMITED – “Multi-domain openBIM Digital Engineering Certification and Handover for JiuQuan-Ejina Railway” –China.
- Enel Green Power – ”New digital solution through IFC to automatize the handover to O&M” – Italy.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- Research Unit Digital Building Processes, TU Wien – “BRISE-Vienna” – Austria.
- Tsinghua University – “Knowledge-informed rule interpretation and automated design checking based on openBIM” – China.
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and National University of Singapore – “openBIM-based Design Optimization and Prefabrication Automation of Steel Reinforcement” – Hong Kong.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- Ecole de technologie superieure – “Neural search for openBIM” – Canada.
- AFRY Deutschland GmbH – “Methodology for life cycle assessment in infrastructure construction based on BIM models and the visual presentation of results in a digital environment” – Germany.
- Technical University of Munich – “BIM4EarlyLCA: Automated LCA for design decision support in early design stages using openBIM and NLP-based semantic model healing” – Germany.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- Wings & Associates Consulting Engineers Limited – “openBIM Checker - A hassle-free IDS-based solution enabling robust quality check on the LOIN and consistency of openBIM data across all stakeholders from design, construction, handover to facility management” – Hong Kong.
- ACCA Software S.p.A. – “usBIM.geotwin (GIS Digital Twin) - A WORLD OF CONSTRUCTIONS A SINGLE DIGITAL TWIN” – Italy.
- Tsinghua University – “CBIMS: an openBIM+ Solution for Customizable BIM Checking based on buildingSMART & China National Standards” – China.
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset industry. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012.
Aidan Mercer, +44 7813-043-435