The Toronto Standards Conference was well supported with circa 90 attendees.
Key milestones achieved during the summit include:
- the new standards process and website were formally launched, comments and suggestions for refinement of the new standards process are invited by 31/12/2014
- a new Room was established for the Regulatory domain,
- the XML specification for version 2.0 of the BIM Collaboration Format (BCF) was approved as a bSI Final Standard. BCF is a data-methodology to communicate BIM issues between actors.
- the IDM standard ISO 29481-2 was formally adopted as a bSI Final Standard
- the mvdXML specification and associated tools to verify BIM deliverables were approved as a bSI Final Standards and endorsed BIM Tools. bSI thanks the Pankow Foundation for funding this work.
- a number of project, including the Coordination View for IFC4 and the IFC 4 Alignment project for Infrastructure reported good progress,
- A Task Force was established to focus on People Certification and training to support BIM implementation.
- A new project to develop an IDM for Building Programming was accepted.
buildingSMART thanks the Canada Chapter and their sponsors for the excellent organisation and hospitality.